Avgolemono soup, one of the most popular flavors of Greek cuisine, is very similar to the chicken broth soup of Turkish cuisine. How to make Avgolemono soup? Here is the recipe for Avgolemono soup…
Tuesday, September 6, 2022, 5:04 p.m
Greek cuisine, which is part of the Balkan and Mediterranean cuisine, has great similarities with the Turkish cuisine of Western Anatolia. Some dishes are almost the same in both cuisines, while others contain minor differences. Seasoned chicken soup is one of the similar flavors of the two cuisines.
Here is the Avgolemono recipe for the seasoned chicken soup of the Greek cuisine…
AVGOLEMONO SOUP INGREDIENTS
- 2 chicken legs
- Half a cup of rice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Dill and parsley
- salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE AVGOLEMONO SOUP?
- Boil the chickens in about 1.5 liters of water
- Once the chickens are cooked, separate the water, mash the chickens
- Put the olive oil in a pot, add the diced onions
- When the onions are browned, add the chicken stock to the pot.
- Boil for about 10
- After adding the chicken pieces and rice, boil for another 15 minutes.
- For the soup dressing, take the egg yolks in a bowl and beat them until foamy, add the lemon juice and continue beating.
- Take a ladleful of your dressing and mix it in slowly.
- When your seasoning and the soup you added are mixed, slowly add the mixture to the soup in the pot.
- Add salt and pepper
- Close the bottom of your soup and over it; add the parsley, dill and lemon peel
- Your soup is ready to serve
- Enjoy your meal