Here’s what happens to your body 10 hours after applying nail polish!

Nail polish can seriously affect our health, and a recent study found that many of America’s most popular nail polish brands are actually very harmful.

Twenty-four women took part in the study, and experts evaluated the effects of chemical toxins on their bodies.

The source of these chemicals was nail polish.

All the participants of the study had signs of the presence of triphenylphosphate in their bodies as early as 10 hours after applying the nail polish.

The same researchers in a follow-up study analyzed 10 different nail polishes for the presence of triphenylphosphate and found it in 8 of them.

What’s more, two of those 8 polishes didn’t even indicate the presence of the chemical on the label.

Thus, 20% of the nail polishes we buy contain harmful chemicals not listed on the label.

Triphenylphosphate (or TPHP) is a dangerous chemical that disrupts the human endocrine system, which controls all of our hormones.

According to the study’s lead researcher, Dr. Heather Stapleton,

“There is growing evidence that TPHP can affect hormonal regulation, metabolism, reproduction and development.

Consequently, this is extremely troubling for young girls who use nail polish daily, and healthy hormonal development is vital to their growth.”

TPHP is a known:

A neurotoxin (causes developmental effects)
reproductive toxin
A skin irritant and allergen
endocrine toxin

Nail polish contains other harmful ingredients such as:

 

Facebook Comments

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*