-150 grams of flour
-120 grams of butter
-1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
-1/2 cup of cold water
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the filling:
-4 egg yolks
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-2.5 cups of milk
-2 tablespoons of flour
-2 tablespoons of starch
-1 packet of vanillin
-1 branch of cinnamon
-1 teaspoon of orange zest
-1 teaspoon of lemon zest
How to make Belem cake
– Take the flour in a bowl. Add 60 grams of butter in small pieces.
-Add salt and mix with your hands. Add the vinegar and water little by little. Add water carefully at this stage. If it’s too much, don’t add it.
– Collect the dough you have obtained, wrap it in cling film and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
– Lightly flour your counter. Roll out the dough as wide as possible with the help of a rolling pin.
– Take the remaining butter between the foil and give it a rectangle shape.
-Then remove it from the foil and place it in the middle of the dough.
– Fold your dough in thirds and stretch it a little with the help of a rolling pin.
– Wrap in cling film and rest for 20 minutes. Repeat this folding and unfolding process twice.
-Then cut the dough to the size of your mini molds.
-Place the dough in your molds and let it rest in the fridge.
For the filling:
– Put the milk, egg yolk, granulated sugar, flour and starch in a saucepan.
– Beat it with the help of a mixer and put it on the fire.
– Throw in a cinnamon stick and let it thicken.
-Remove the cinnamon stick when it has consistency.
-Add the orange peel and the lemon peel.
-When it thickens, take it off the heat and add vanillin. Stir with a mixer to cool slightly.
– Fill the mini cakes that you have stored in the fridge, leaving a portion.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until the dough is cooked and golden.
-After cooling, take it out of the mold and enjoy.
Enjoy your meal.