The benefits of the cherry, a fruit known for its anti-aging effects, are not only that. If you say that cherry is good for which disease, it is useful for many health problems, from kidney disease to diabetes. Many people wonder if cherry thins the blood. It has protective properties against cardiovascular diseases. It is beneficial for both kidney and gut health. Here are those who are curious to know if sour cherry causes constipation…
What are the benefits of cherry?
To be able to enjoy the cherry, which is a ubiquitous fruit in summer, it must be consumed as soon as possible after buying it. They can be stored in the coldest section of the fridge for up to 3-4 days. After washing them clean, they can be easily consumed. It is not right to throw away the stems of the cherry. The stems of this fruit are as useful as the fruit itself. The tea can be made dry or fresh. Since it is a summer fruit, it can be hard to find in winter. Cherries can be frozen in a jar, with or without seeds, and after a few months they can be eaten in different ways. Below are the benefits of this sweet and delicious fruit.
- Cherries are an effective detoxification tool due to their antioxidant properties. It is also a rich source of vitamins A, C and carotene. They are rich in fiber and potassium, which gives them diuretic properties. It is recommended for those who are on a diet to use it in their meals.
- While it removes toxins from the body through urine, it also removes the factors that cause edema formation.
- It helps prevent constipation by facilitating the intestinal transit of stool.
- Some studies have shown that cherries contain high levels of melatonin (the sleep hormone). This is a hormone necessary for good sleep. Regular consumption of cherries or cherry juice can help eliminate insomnia.
- It is very beneficial for cardiovascular health with its blood thinning effect.
- It helps strengthen the immune system.
- Thanks to the calcium, iron and phosphorus it contains, it is very useful for muscles and bones. It is also very effective against anemia. Regular consumption of freshly squeezed cherry juice or compote greatly reduces the effects of anemia.
- Fights against prostate and colon cancer as it is diuretic and prevents constipation.
- It is effective against cold and flu.
- Prevents depression, stress and tension
- It helps maintain brain and nervous system health.
- As it is anti-aging, it fights the signs of aging.
Where is the cherry used?
The cherry can be used alone or in different recipes.
- Cakes, pies, soufflés, buns, pancakes, dairy desserts, etc. It can be used in many dessert recipes.
- It can be consumed as cherry juice or boiled to make compote.
- It can be used in milky drinks such as milkshakes.
- It goes well with fruit salads and ice cream presentations.
- It can be used as a flavoring in cake decorations and creams.
- Dried fruit can be made by drying in summer.
- The sour taste of cherries adds flavor to red meat. It’s a must-try taste for meat and fruit lovers.
- Cherry juice can be used in making salad dressings.
- It’s a flavor that goes well with cheese for breakfast. Likewise, the homemade cherry jam is ideal for breakfast.
- Thanks to the acidity of the cherry, it balances the dessert. They go well with chocolate sauce.