Steak and Kidney Pie is a popular British dish that has spread all over the world. The flavor where the steak meets the kidney is actually a pie. Although some recipes use puff pastry for convenience, the original is to prepare the pie dough. So what are the ingredients in Steak and Kidney Pie and how are they made? How many calories in steak and kidney pie?
Friday, August 19, 2022, 10:20 am
Steak and kidney pie We can translate the recipe into Turkish as steak and kidney pie. This taste, which we do not know much about in our country, is a very old English dish. It has an important place in the culinary history of England. Here is the recipe for steak and kidney pie…
- 350 g lamb kidney
- 700 g, diced
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of prunes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (you can marinate the meat normally)
- 2 glasses of water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
For the dough:
- 500 grams of flour
- 250 grams of margarine
- salt, red pepper
- 2 cups of grated coffee
- cheddar cheese
- 4 egg yolks, water
HOW TO MAKE BISCEC AND ROLL CAKE?
- For the filling, cut the marinated meat into small cubes. After cleaning the outer membrane of the kidney (you can soak it in lightly salted water for about an hour), cut it to the size of the meat. Add the flour, salt and pepper mixture.
- Then add the meat. Melt the butter and sauté the meat and kidneys until they absorb the remaining water. Add the onions and tomato paste before draining the remaining water.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes. Then add the plums, salt, bay leaf and black pepper. Simmer for 25 minutes. After cooking, crush the filling. Meanwhile, knead the dough ingredients.
- Divide the dough into two parts, one larger. Open the larger piece to cover the sides of the pan and place it on the lightly oiled pan. Trim the edges.
- Spread the meat mortar over it. Cover the pan-sized piece that has been opened over the meat mortar. Bake in the preheated medium oven for 40 minutes. Serve hot.